- The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting it. This policy details how we handle your personal information.
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this web site including the referring source, length of visit, pages viewed, and web site navigation paths;
- Information such as your e-mail address, which you provide to us when you register with the site;
- Information you enter when you create a profile on our website such as your first and last name and e-mail address;
- Information such as your name and e-mail address, which you enter to subscribe to our e-mails and/or newsletters;
- Information you enter when you use our website services;
- Information generated when you use our site, including when, how often and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information about purchases you make, services you use or transactions you engage in on our site, which includes your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information;
- Information that you post on our website with the intent to publish it on the Internet, which includes your username, profile pictures and the content of your posts;
- Information contained in any communications you send to us by e-mail or on our website, including their content and metadata;
- Any other personal information you provide to us.
- Before you disclose personal information about another person to us, you must obtain that person's consent to the disclosure and processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Use of Data
Personal information provided to us through our website will be used for the purposes described in this policy or on the relevant pages of the site. We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and our business ;
- Customize our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services offered on our website;
- Send you goods purchased on our website;
- Provide you with services purchased on our website;
- Send you statements, invoices and payment reminders, and collect your payments;
- Send you non-marketing communications;
- Send you e-mail notifications that you have expressly requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you may notify us at any time if you no longer wish to receive our newsletter);
- To send you marketing communications relating to our company or carefully selected third party companies that we believe may be of interest to you, in the form of a publication, or if you have expressly agreed, by e-mail or similar technology (you may inform us at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications);
- To provide statistical information about our users to third parties (without such third parties being able to identify individual users with this information);
- To process requests and complaints about your website made by or about you;
- To maintain the security of our website and prevent fraud;
- To monitor compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website's private messaging service);
- Other purposes.
If you submit personal information to our website for the purpose of publication, we will publish it and may use that information in accordance with the permissions you grant us.
Your privacy settings may be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and may be adjusted in your privacy settings on the website.
Without your explicit consent, we will not provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing, or to other third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set forth in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and any of its subsidiaries) to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent we are required to do so by law ;
- In connection with any pending or future legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction purposes);
- To the purchaser (or potential purchaser) of any business or assets in our possession that we wish to (or are considering) selling; and
- To any person whom we reasonably believe to be a party to a court or other authority having jurisdiction to disclose such personal information if, in our opinion, such a court or authority would be likely to require disclosure of such personal information.
Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International Data Transfers
The information we collect may be stored, processed and transferred to any country in which we operate to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
The information we collect may be transferred to the following countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India.
Personal information that you post on our website or submit for posting may be available via the Internet worldwide. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by third parties.
You expressly consent to the transfer of personal information described in this Section E.
Retention of Data
- This Section F details our data retention policies and procedures, designed to help us comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and disposal of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose is retained no longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section F, we will retain records (including electronic records) containing personal data:
- To the extent we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe the records may be relevant to any current or potential legal proceedings; and
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction purposes).
Security of Your Data
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your data.
- Any data you provide us will be stored on secure servers (password and firewall protected).
- All electronic financial transactions made through our website are protected by encryption technologies.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent over the Internet.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password you use to access our website; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
From time to time we may update this policy by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by e-mail or through our website's private messaging service.
You may ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; the transfer of such information will be subject to the following condition:
Submission of sufficient evidence of your identity (for these purposes, we will generally accept a notarized photocopy of your passport plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may retain the personal information you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may ask us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to third-party websites and information about them. We have no control over these sites, and are not responsible for their privacy policies or practices.
Please let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The names of the cookies we use on our website and the purposes for which we use them are described below:
We use Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to: recognize a computer when a user visits the website/ track users as they navigate the website/ enable the use of a shopping cart on the website/ improve the use of a website/ analyze website usage/ administer the website/ prevent fraud and improve website security/ customize the website for each user/ send targeted advertisements that may be of interest to certain users (describe your other purposes);
Most browsers allow you to refuse or accept cookies. For example:
- with Internet Explorer (version 10), you can block cookies by using the cookie management override settings available by clicking on "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- with Firefox (version 24), you can block all cookies by clicking on "Tools", "Options", "Privacy" then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu and unchecking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- with Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by going to the "Personalize and Control" menu and clicking "Settings", "Show Advanced Settings" and "Content Settings" and then selecting "Prevent sites from setting data" in the "Cookies" header.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the use of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. For example:
- with Internet Explorer (version 10), you need to delete the cookie file manually (you can find instructions on how to do this here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- with Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking on "Tools", "Options", and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" and clicking on "Show cookies", then on "Delete all cookies"; and
- with Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by going to the "Personalize and Control" menu and then clicking on "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Delete browsing data" and then "Delete cookies and module data from other sites" before clicking on "Delete browsing data".
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the use of many websites.
If you have any questions about our data protection policy, you can contact us at: [email protected]